Monday, August 6, 2018

Seeking to fund my 30-year-awaited travel



It has been my 30-year-old dream to set foot on the European soil and get engaged with the diversed culture especially where muslims make up the minor part of the population. A young student I was at a modern Islamic institution in Indonesia then, I bumped into a news on the opening of the London's Regent Mosque. That triggered my interest in knowing more of how the muslims live among the multifaith society and yet conserving quite well their identity as muslims in Europe. 

I am also actively leading umrah and hajj groups to Makkah - alhamdulillah- on the expenses of the organisers. I have been leading a few study tours and humanitarian missions to expose my students to universality of Islam in other cultures at neigbouring countries but never as far as Europe. But organising a group trip to Europe would be a financial burden as a start .So, to start with, I am making personal effort to sought fund for my own project with minimum cost for crowd funding to achieve so that I can share my experience to benefit and inspire others to do the same in the future. 

Due to the deteriorating health condition, this trip I am intending to do is some sort of racing with time in case I may not be physically capable of doing physically exhausting trip in the near future. So I need my wife to accompany me on the trip to ensure that I will be properly assisted in case of any problem on my health condition. 
During the trip I am planning to visit mosques, muslim associations, attend Islamic discourses and where possible will be offering my service as imams, muazzin, teaching Quran, speaker and charity volunteer at place I am going to visit. 

To enable this fund be achieved in the short period, I am targeting a travel fund size to as low as possible to  make it enough to top of my already available saving, enough expenses for my dependents left at home while we are away, low-cost flights with many transits, low-cost land transport, most food brought from home, backpacking, cheap accommodations and any regulatory requirements like visa, insurance, etc. 

I trust that by assisting my travel you will share the benefits of contributing to a noble cause to humanity and creation of harmony to the diversed world community.

Click FundMyTravel to donate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment